Rules for the benefit of our club & members. Contact our player advisory committee if you would like to see any changes
Last Updated on 28 NOVEMBER 2019
Very important!! Everyone who plays on our courts should wear clean non-marking indoor shoes! This does not mean that players should wear badminton shoes only.
But shoes should be
•Clean and completely dry
•Not ever worn outside
•Without black soles
This shoe policy is not just for our courts. It is also to prevent injuries to our players and their kids. Also, badminton shoes wear out quickly if they are worn outside! THERE WILL BE A FINE OF $500 IF YOUR SHOES LEAVE MARKS ON THE COURTS. We have a test mat where you can test your shoes before entering the courts.
- Because Triangle Table Tennis relies on coaching revenues to survive, we don’t allow other coaches to use our facility to compete against us. Please respect our staff coaches and the policy of the Center and refrain from all forms of coaching, paid or otherwise. Of course this doesn’t apply to sanctioned tournaments where coaching is allowed and all coaches and their students are welcome.
- Follow the directions of management.
- Harassment, Bullying, Racism, Misogyny, being derogatory on account of religion, sexual orientation, social class are grounds for dismissal from the club without warning and without refund of dues paid.
- Being disrespectful or rude to management or officers of club are grounds for dismissal from the club without warning and without refund of dues paid.
- Management decisions regarding the running of the club are final.
- Threatening and/or encouraging players to leave the club or to take coaching elsewhere, undermining the management of the club, or engaging in any activities which are perceived as adversely effecting the club, are grounds for dismissal from the club without warning and without refund of dues paid.
- Staff may prohibit any activity between two players that appears to be formal coaching or go against the center’s financial interests.
- Using the club’s ball carts is prohibited under all circumstances unless permission is explicitly granted by a coach or member of staff
- Players are permitted to use their own balls/carts to feed multi-ball to each other, subject to prior approval by a staff member.
- 2 robots are also available for members to rent.
- Interference with staff engaged in coaching or helping other customers is prohibited.
- Do not move equipment at the facility without prior consent and help of a staff member.
- After borrowing equipment please collect balls from floor and return loaner paddles to front desk. Please collect all personal belongings before leaving, including balls, paddles, towels, water bottles, etc.
- Members of the club can arrange to play with other club members using the Triangle Table Tennis Whats App group. Please ask club admin for registration.
- Excessive shouting, cheering, aggression, disrespectful behavior or other actions which cross the line between friendly competition and outright rudeness will not be tolerated in the club.
- If you have questions or concerns, or would like to see any changes, contact a member of the player advisory committee.
- The committee is responsible for creating and enforcing all rules at Triangle Table Tennis.30
United State Table Tennis Association
- United State Table Tennis Association rules apply to our tournaments and leagues, these include: the requirement to use sanctioned equipment, to serve legally and to not wear clothing which is the same color as the ball. Please visit USATT.org for more details on Table Tennis rules.
- The league manager has sole discretion in terms of setting initial ratings and adjusting ratings to ensure players are correctly grouped.
- Players who participate in USATT events whose USATT rating exceeds their club rating, will periodically have their league ratings adjusted to their USATT rating.
- The club currently uses XIOM 3 star seamed or seamless club balls for league – you may play with an alternative ball only if both players agree.
- From 1st April 2019 the club will use JOOLA 3 star seamed or seamless club balls for league – you may play with an alternative ball only if both players agree
- Please arrive in time for the start of league.
- For Monday Open League sign in at the front desk prior to 7.00 pm. No registrations will be accepted after this time. For Sunday please sign in prior to 2.45 pm.
- If a player is not present and ready to play a match within 5 minutes, according the order of matches printed on the playing sheet, the match is defaulted.
- Unless under exceptional circumstances, players who forfeit their matches will be subject to a penalty of 25 points per match.
- Players should only use the tables assigned to their group by the league manager for league play until all league matches are complete and other tables become available.
- Please ensure league results are correctly entered and recorded onto draw sheets at the end of the evening.
- Exhibiting good sportsmanship and being nice to your fellow players is just as important as winning the game.
- Children aged 12 and under may play in evening Open League but must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please be mindful of behavior and language. Our club has many junior members so let’s set an example.
- Do not bring food into the playing area and keep drinks off the tables.
- No black sole shoes or shoes which may mark the floor may be used at the facility.
- Payment is due prior to commencement of play; failure to pay visitor fees or fees for any service or product may result in exclusion from the facility.
- There is no coaching permitted between games in our leagues.
Health and Safety
- While a point is in progress do not walk past the back or through a court. Please wait until the point has completed.
- If you are sitting watching or waiting to play at the back of a court be mindful of disrupting those participating in matches.
- Do not play under the influence or alcohol or drugs.
- Do not smoke within proximity of the building.
- Do not bring weapons of any kind into the facility.
- Protect our equipment by only placing paddles and balls onto tables. Do not hit tables, barriers, nets or other equipment.
- Please do not sit on tables or move them without the assistance of a staff member, they are heavy and can cause serious injury or death.
- Please clean up everything you bring in including cans, bottles and dispose of any trash in our trash cans.
- Do not adjust thermostat within facility without prior consent and help of a staff member.