Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Due to ongoing concerns about health as a result of the Coronavirus outbreak, from 3/19/2020 through to 3/31/2020 access to the facility will via pin code only. We will not be running league, tournaments or other events during this time. 1-on-1 lessons can take place if booked through our online system; however please check with your coach prior to booking. Walk-ins can be arranged when paid in advance. A temporary pin code will be assigned, or we will open door remotely for you. Email manager@triangleBTT.com with a call back number to arrange a walk-in
- Entry to facility is at your own risk
- Workout room and kitchen area are closed
- Our facility is cleaned daily including floors, restrooms & kitchen. Tables are being wiped down with a mixture of bleach and water
- Please refrain from shaking hands with opponents
- Please wipe down tables after use, with spray bottles & wipes located in the playing arena
- All payments must be online via EZFacility, to WWW.TTSHOP.US or via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wash hands with soap and water upon entry and prior to leaving facility
- If you have a temperature or feel unwell, please be considerate of your fellow members and stay home
- Doubles play results in closer contact with your partner than playing singles. We would advocate playing more singles in preference to doubles at this time.
TBTT Signs its 100th Badminton Member
League and Sunday Cash Tournament
Effective immediately all our leagues will be the Open League format going forward. These leagues will run on Mondays, Wednesdays, Friday at 7:00 pm (sign in by 6:45 pm) and Saturdays at the new time of 10.30 am (sign in by 10.15 am).
The cash tournament will continue to be on Sunday’s at 3:00 pm when no sanctioned event is occurring on the same day; with sign in by 2:45 pm. We are capped at 36 people for the cash tournament on a first come first served basis.
Please visit www.trianglebtt.com/league to see updated league schedules. You can also pay in advance for one or more league passes online and in advance at the above address and receive discounts when 10, 20 or 50 passes are purchased at one time.
2020 Americas Cup - 4 Star Event - Details coming soon
We are delighted to announce the Americas Cup (formerly Cary Cup) a 4-star event with a $20,000 prize pool will be held in August 2020. Details to follow soon.
TBTT Open championship Results
Head Coach Yu Di. How to flip short balls
Head Coach Yu Di on Group Coaching
Congratulations to Coach Yu Di, who has been appointed as the head coach for Triangle Table Tennis (TTT) in Morrisville, NC. TTT is the largest purpose built club in the Americas based in a 30,000 Sq. Ft facility with up to 40 tables.
Coach Yu Di began his Table Tennis career in China, where he earned a position on the Liaoning Province Team. In addition to reaching a USATT rating of over 2500, he has a wealth of competition experience in both China and the United States.
Di coaches nationally ranked Cadet and Junior athletes including: Isabell Xu, Rachel Wang and Zelin Ye. All three have achieved top 5 national rankings in their age groups with Zelin Ye being the number #1 ranked Cadet in Canada. Additionally, Di coaches Yijun Feng, the current men’s National Doubles Champion and this year’s Men’s singles quarter finalist.
Di has and continues to make positive contributions to American Table Tennis . At TTT, Di created multiple group coaching sessions designed to take children from novices to elite juniors, competing on a national stage. Students who participate in group coaching, private lessons and competition at TTT improve faster and accumulate valuable playing experience.
Di’s ambition? To create the next generation of champions based out of Morrisville, NC.
Here is an excerpt from Yu Di on his group lessons and the importance of playing under pressure:
During group training, Coach Yu Di will arrange training for situations that often occur in games. During these situations, he will look for problems that young players often have when trying to win under pressure. After, he will correct the problems of each player, giving detailed advice and guidance about the specifics each player needs to work on in order to improve. Easy to play but hard to win, these are the types of situations you can expect to practice during one of Coach Yu Di’s group lessons.
- Start at the score of 10:10, whoever leads by two points first wins. This kind of situation will often appear in real games. The score will reach 10:10. Both sides are very nervous to see who has fewer mistakes, who is smarter, and who has better tactics. Repeated practice can increase a player’s experience of playing at 10:10, so that when it happens in a real game, they will be prepared.
- Start at the score of 7:9, with the person with 7 points serving first. The purpose of this drill is to exercise the spirit of never giving up when your score is behind. The goal is to try and tie the game, and finally win the game. This exercise also teaches players how to adjust their mentality when they encounter difficulties, and how to play when they are nervous. The person who receives the serve two points ahead can also train to not relax when leading, and to carefully play each ball.
- The losers need to do physical training, such as 20 push-ups, if you do not want to do it, you need to win, so you can exercise their fighting spirit, do their best to play the game.
After a year of group training, many of TTT’s top juniors such as Rachel Wang, Bella Xu, and Zelin Ye have improved a lot, and achieved excellent tournament results.
Table Tennis for the Triangle Area - and Beyond
Our Triangle-based Table Tennis center is dedicated to promoting Table Tennis as a life-long sport for players of all ages and skill levels. We are a USATT National Center of Excellence and an ITTF Hot Spot, and we take pride in offering a large and professional facility in Morrisville, NC which meets USATT and ITTF standards for competitions and training, while also providing an attractive and safe environment for recreational players from Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, Apex, and surrounding suburbs. Our skilled coaches and range of programs, including group and private lessons, camps, tournaments, and leagues, can assist beginners in learning the sport, and also develop the skills of experienced players.